Mindful Full stack React Native developer
Alphabeats offers people who care about their mental fitness a new routine for wellbeing and excellence. Through our algorithmic audio layer that responds to both the music you are listening to, and your biofeedback, Alphabeats allows your brain to reset to alpha-state, a.k.a state of wakeful rest.
All you need is the Alphabeats app, a phone, headphones, 10 dedicated minutes and your favorite music. Our app helps you to track progress, keep the routine going, and find your inner alpha each day, every day.
Anytime, anywhere, any kind of music.
THE JOB – this is what you will do:
While working at AlphaBeats you will be expected to
- Work as part of a small team to build react native iOS and Android applications for AlphaBeats’ users.
- Build and maintain applications for embedded systems like the Apple Watch and Android’s wearOS as well as the “older” Tizen Os and other wearable operating systems.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API’s, such as Spotify, Youtube Music, Apple Music and other streaming music providers.
- Setting up, configuration and maintaining AWS based services crucial for the
- implementation of the AlphaBeats application.
Release applications to both IOS and Android app stores.
- Integrate your software with API’s from different fitness and healthcare related hardware vendors.
- Test our applications and integrations both manually as well as via unit and functional tests.
- Work actively with overseas (third paty) testers as well as with an active beta-test community, ingesting their feedback, bugs etc and turning that into backlog items for the entire team.
- Consistently work for 40 hours per week.
- A strong personal drive to make excellent software and with that software make a difference to people.
- 2+ years of actively working with react native.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (or convince us you are already better than that!).
- A good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven experience working in AWS, including working with Lambda functions.
- The ability to take full ownership of your work, while still taking the time to help out your team members where necessary.
- A clear (personal) connection to AlphaBeats ambitions, aspirations, goals and targets.
- Excellent English skills both written as well as spoken.
On joining AlphaBeats you will
- Work on creating a better world by fighting our common enemy: stress.
- Join an enthusiastic and idealistic team of innovators on a mission.
- Be part of a rapidly growing start-up and learn how to transform your dreams and visions into practical high-tech reality.
- Expand your network within the smartest square kilometre in Europe: the High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
- Experience how relaxing a 40 hour working week can be, while developing groundbreaking tech.
- Receive a good, competitive remuneration
Dutch start-up AlphaBeats, based in the city of Eindhoven, aims at ridding the world of stress through biofeedback technology and music. To push our innovative algorithm forward we are hiring a sharp and experienced full stack react native software developer. Since we are serious about bettering the world, we are looking for someone who also shares our values on conscious living. In other words, a pinch of Dalai Lama to augment your inner Bill Gates.
Our small team is distributed across the Netherlands and Vietnam, some work fully remote, some regularly show up in our offices in Eindhoven.
At AlphaBeats we develop technology to help you relax and get into the ‘alpha state’ while listening to your favourite music. Using biofeedback like breath rate and heart rate our algorithm determines your stress levels and then tweaks the music you listen to. As a result your brain starts creating relaxing alpha waves. It’s a kinda magic… and it works!
We would love to receive your application. Please mail it to email@example.com
If you have any questions give us a call 0031 (0)6 4579 0013
We kindly ask recruiters and employment agencies to refrain from forwarding unsolicited CVs in response to open positions on our careers page or social media posts.